Sunday, August 3, 2008

Souvenirs

My last full-time job required a lot of traveling, domestic and international. Each stop would be 1-3 days, and I always bought a souvenir of some sort. On international travels, I'd try picking up something lightweight for the flight home. On domestic trips, I'd always pick up a Starbucks City Mug because every airport had a Starbucks counter. Oftentimes, I'd only be in a city for 5 hours, with just enough time to get to the hotel, work, and then head back to the airport for thenext city. The picture of this mug from Paris was lifted off the web -- lthough I've been to Paris, I don't have a mug from Paris.

My Starbucks City Mugs:
Atlanta
Austin
Boston
Chicago
Dallas
Denver
Houston
Las Vegas
New York
Portland
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
Toronto



While in Paris, I bought a $14 pea coat at Bon Marche and a cloisonne trinket box with a picture of Marie Antoinette (I didn't notice the "Made in China" sticker 'til I got home). My favorite eau de cologne, Bambou, was $6 in Paris (and $50 in Napa). No pictures, because my pea coat now sports orange glitter glue from a project at our co-op, and the trinket box is in the garage somewhere, with all my other trinket boxes.

From a press check in Apeldorn in The Netherlands, I bought portable clogs:




From a trip to Johannesburg, South Africa, a set of hand-carved salad servers.



From a trip to Cancun, and later La Paz (where they were 4 for the price I paid for 1 in Cancun):
My first trip to Spain (Marbella), I bought castanets and cloisonne trinket boxes (again, the boxes ,must've been made in China because during later travels, I saw them in every souvenir shop I went to).

Clicking off for now...

No comments: