Friday, April 11, 2008

80's music

During the early-to-mid 80's, I loved music. In 1986, I published a fanzine called Blank Expression. It was a way for my friends and I to write about the music we loved. For the first two issues, we reviewed bands we'd seen and records we'd bought. We included poetry and comics. It was fun because it was a way to combine my love of music with everything I was learning from working in magazine publishing. I remember reading the reviews while I typed them into my Macintosh Plus, and laughing because we were just being ourselves when we wrote. It didn't matter if we didn't even know which band we were reviewing. Here's are some of my favorite bands from that era:

New Order "Love Vigilantes"



The Rain Parade "This Can't Be Today"


Danny and Dusty "Baby We All Gotta Go Down"

1 comment:

Miss Lisa said...

Cool! Keep going. I'll add you to my "blog roll" (pointing to my face and saying to myself: GEEK).